Finally, 2020 is over. Not the best year to say the least. First we had to flee from the forest fires in Australia, and then had to put away all our other travel plans because of the epidemic. Still, we managed to achieve a few goals, including our first prints. For 2021 we have many more goals and other (travel) plans. The hope and enthusiasm are there, more about our plans and ideas on the blog in the near future. In 2021 we want to miss less and do more!
What I did in 2020:
- Made a photography project about Gare de Liège
- Started my own company on the 1st of August specializing in (aerial) photography
- Made 10 aerial photos for a new leaflet of the Province of East Flanders
- Made an aerial movie about the history of the Provinciehuis for Monument Day 2020
- Made an aerial movie about the new cycling bridge – the Louisa d’Havébrug (for OYO architects )
- Published my best 88 aerial photographs of the last 4 years in a project called Aerial88
- Published my best aerial photographs of the 2019 Australia trip from Perth to Adelaide
- Selected the best cityviews of hometown Ghent from 2020
- Created a few impressive 3D images by stitching a lot of aerial pictures with dronedeploy
- The first prints of my best images! More about that in 2021
What 2021 brings:
- an instagram giveway!
- a few new photography projects – more on that on the blog
- further building on my aerial photography company – questions? → contact me
- getting my EU drone license – more on that in a blogpost
- and hopefully a lot of travels!
The numbers of 2020:
- shot 30 601 pictures – 1489 GB
- only 2 flights (from Australia back to Belgium) – 17 191 km – 22uur (using the app: App in the Air to calculate my flightmiles)
- a few small trips to Zeeland (NL), Henegouwen and The Ardennes (Liège, Dinant)
- 12 hotel nights in 4 different hotels
- Getting almost 12 000 0000 views on google maps